a demeanor of bright pretty things

Tanner here.  I thought I would give this blog thing a try, so here goes nothin!

Yesterday, Kendra posted a lovely little diddy about yours truly.  I still don't know what that girl sees in me, but whatever, I'm not trying to convince her otherwise!  So, I thought in an effort to redeem her misguided facts about how awesome she thinks I am, I will tell you, the reader, about how truly amazing Kendra really is.  It is however, a broad task, because I could go on forever and ever and ever...here we go...

From the moment I heard her speak, (if you have ever met Kendra, you know exactly the sound I am talking about.  The sound of Texas red-neck, southern draw, meets classy and sophistication is quite the mix if you ask me.) I think I was in love.  She said something to the affect of "Hi, I'm KEEINDRA," and that was that, I fell for her.  Not exactly that quickly, but it didn't take long!  The more and more time we spent together, the more and more I knew that she was special.

First and foremost, Kendra loves the Lord.  From the beginning of our relationship, she was clear that she was called to ministry, and wanted to serve alongside a husband who was serving Jesus with his life.  Her faith and sweet disposition is an encouragement to those she comes into contact with.  In the Scriptures we see one of Jesus' disciples, Barnabas, whose name means "encourager."  This word, this idea of being an encourager is a great representation of my wife.  She encourages me to be better to be a better man of God, a better husband, and Lord willing a better father.

Kendra Kay is one very unique individual.  She is one of the most talented people I have ever met.  Her ability to walk into a room and "fix" it and make it functional is truly a gift.  She sees the beauty in the junk and can re-purpose stuff and make it useful.  Her personality is similar to this.  She sees the beauty in the junk, the hard times, she challenges me to always seek out the positives in every circumstance.  When I say "I am a realist and I see it this way," she is quick to point out, "I am an optimist, and this is how it is."  She is motivated and driven.  She is highly creative.  When I think about the attributes of God, he is a God that obviously values creativity.  I mean, look at the world around you.  There are many different types of people, from colors of skin, to shapes of our bodies (mine is round).  Consider all of the different animals and different types of plants.  Our God is a God of creativity, and this is a trait that my wife, as a child of God, exudes.

And, before I go further and fail to mention this, Kendra House is B-E-A-UTIFUL. 

She likes coffee, loves design, art/photography and people, doesn't like to read, but she is working on it.

I am very excited to see what awaits our family as we await Amos' arrival.  I have no doubt in my mind that Kendra will be a fantastic mother and I cannot wait to watch her get her mommy on!  These are exciting days for us, and I am confident the best is yet to come!

Kendra, I love you and I am praying for you, Amos and our family in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment