little bit about us...

we wanted to take some time and let you know a little bit about us...since we are, after all, on this journey together! 

Tanner and I both LOVE Jesus. We are saved by grace, redeemed sinners who are trying our best to glorify Christ through our lives. For He is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. That is what we want this blog to be about...JESUS. Through adoption, through coffee, through design, through crafting, through music, through us. We want Christ to be first. More of Him + less of us. 

So I want to introduce you to my man. The one. The only. Tanner House!





This is the man I love and the father of our son! Tanner is a goofy guy and loves to make people laugh. He prides himself on making people feel awkward and has never met a stranger. He loves being around people and rarely likes to be alone. He sports a handlebar mustache and is sort of obsessed with growing a beastly looking beard...and I don't quite understand. I can tell you that Tanner loves to read - especially about history. He is kind of nerdy like that. I love it. He also loves music + his vintage record player, making him a bit of a hipster spinster! But if I had to pin point one thing that Tanner really enjoys it would be coffee. Tanner absolutely LOVES coffee. He drinks it morning, noon and night. He drinks it black and can be found at the coffee house ordering an Americano. He is a coffee snob in the truest sense. He has quite the spread when it comes to coffee and all it's accessories. He has a coffee pot, keurig, coffee press, chemex maker and espresso machine. He even tried roasting his own, and plans to perfect his roast sometime soon!




I really enjoy coffee as well. I'm not quite as hard core as Tanner. I have to add a dash of cream + sweetener to mine. But I do love to have a cup. or two. or three! 

So why all this talk about coffee?? 

You might have noticed the new button on the right sidebar



It's the link to our Just Love Coffee Roaster Storefront! Our very first fundraiser! 
Basically, you can buy coffee + coffee related stuff to help us as we raise funds for our adoption!!! I'm pretty convinced that this fundraiser was made just for us!

So check it out. Just click the photo link above or in the sidebar and purchase yourself some yummy coffee! We have got Ethiopian, Honduran, Rwandan, Peruvian, Nicaraguan, Espressso, you name it! And while you are it - say a prayer for our little man. It is our prayer that God would prepare us to become a forever family  and we trust in His unfailing provision for us and for Amos in this season of waiting.

Go order yourself some coffee and pour yourself a cup knowing you've helped bring our Amos home!!




2 comments:

  1. I honestly had NO idea that Tanner had such an obsession with coffee! I love coffee as well (I find I have to have it to simply function during the day...which you may find once your little guy is here...especially if he is a newborn! ;-) ), but don't have all that "stuff". I have to have cream (and more than a splash), but no sugar. I am actually partial to flavored coffee (Tanner may be looking for ways to disown me as a cousin now...lol), but I don't mind a good breakfast roast every now and again. We do, though, have a grinder and have found that freshly ground coffee is simply the best! (Maybe that'll redeem me in Tanner's eyes ;-) ).

    I definitely will take a look at the site and see what I can find to help bring Amos home to his mommy and daddy! I am excited to share in this journey with you both and am praying for you all and the child that God has in store for you.

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo excited for you guys! I will be purchasing some coffee as soon as i get back to my desktop!

    ReplyDelete