Giving Tuesday

Hello friends. It’s been quite some time since I’ve shared anything with you on this blog. No updates on life, adoption, no nothing. Sorry. It has been a crazy couple of months. Tanner is in a job transition that was unforeseen so we have been processing, healing and praying through an odd time in our lives. But I can say with much joy that our God is good and he provides for us in ways we don’t understand. It’s been a wonderful thing to reflect on how He beautifully orchestrates the events of our lives. How there are not accidents but opportunities to trust and follow where He leads even when it is abrupt and unplanned. I’m reminded constantly that He sees, He knows, and He cares (thanks M).
With the recent time of Thanksgiving and the celebration of Christmas upon us, I’ve been thinking a lot about giving. Dreaming up gifts for friends and family is one of my favorite things, but I dream of something more. Of course, my little man has been on my heart as well as the orphans that are all waiting on forever families this Christmas season. I have soooo many thoughts I want to share with you! Let’s break it down.
First things first. Today, as you might know is Giving Tuesday. It’s the day (following Black Friday and Cyber Monday) that you can choose to give to your favorite Non-Profit Organization. We want to ask you to join with us and give to America World’s (our adoption agency) Isaiah 1:17 Fund. All you have to do is go here and make a contribution. Your gift will help meet the needs of orphans who will be spending Christmas waiting for their forever families. It will provide basic necessities like:
  • Therapeutic food to treat malnutrition
  • Baby formula
  • Educational expenses
  • Blankets, clothes, and diapers
I know I’m posting late but no worries! This campaign is open until December 31, so you have time! But please don’t wait and forget!! Who knows you could be caring for our Amos while we wait to bring him home. Once you’ve donated, encourage your friends + families to join in the giving! Go ahead and spread the word and get involved in giving in a different way this Christmas!
Stay tuned! Soon I’ll be sharing some great gift sources and tell you how you can use your purchasing power to change the world!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment